How To Enable Tegra Optimizations For Dead Trigger On Any Android Phone
I did an article recently about Tegra Optimized (THD) games and how they offer enhanced graphics which make the gaming experience on Android that much better. But my current phone, the Samsung Galaxy S3, doesn’t have a Tegra 3 processor. So I set out to find a way to enable these “Tegra Optimizations” on my phone for the game Dead Trigger. Here’s how I did it:
Note: Your phone needs to have root permissions and a root explorer in order to be able to do this.
- Make sure that Dead Trigger is closed. Now, open your root explorer.
- Go to the root of your phone (the file path should have nothing after the /).
- Follow this path (every name after a slash reflects another folder/file): /data/data/com.madfingergames.deadtrigger/shared_prefs.
- Open “com.madfingergames.deadtrigger.xml” with a text editor.
- Find the line that says: <int name=”UnityGraphicsQuality” value=”1″ />.
- Change the “1″ to “2″ leaving everything else the same.
- Find the line that says: <int name=”OptionsGraphicDetail” value=”2″ />.
- Change the “2″ to “3″ leaving everything else the same.
- Save the file (you may have to press menu>save).
- Go back to the /shared_prefs folder, and long press on the “com.madfingergames.deadtrigger.xml” file.
- Tap on changes, and then permissions (your root explorer may have different terminology, but basically we want to change the permissions of the file.
- Change the permissions so nothing under “write” is checked. In other words, only the “read” options remain checked.
- A new file might get created called com.madfingergames.deadtrigger.xml.BAK. Move this file out of the /shared_prefs folder (I put it on my SD card somewhere).
Once you do this, you should have “Tegra Optimizations” on your non-Tegra device. If you go into Dead Trigger’s settings, under graphics you’ll notice that it is set to “ultra high.” Do not toggle this because once you do you’ll disable this little hack and have to do it all over again. All credit for this hack goes to XDA Developers user SnakeHaveYou.