If you have an unlocked Android phone and want it to work on a specific carrier, or if you flashed a custom ROM and need to get it fully working on your carrier’s network again (i.e. MMS, internet, etc), configuring your APN settings may just do the trick. In this article, I’ll show you how to add new APN settings and will give you the APN settings for AT&T and T-Mobile:
- Go to your Android’s main Settings.
- Under Wireless & Networks, go to “mobile networks.” You many need to hit “more settings” to get to this option.
- Tap on Access Point Names (that’s what APN stands for).
- Press menu, and then hit “New APN.”
- Enter in all the necessary information in each field by tapping on it and then pressing OK to save.
- After you’ve finished entering all the settings, press menu again and then Save.
Below you’ll find the APN settings for AT&T and T-Mobile. If a field is blank, it means you leave it to “not set.” Note that you may not need to enter all the fields listed below depending on your phone and carrier.
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
Name: T-Mobile US
MMS Proxy: 216.165.155.050
MMS Port: 8080