You’ll never know whether or not you’ll ever actually need a password on your Windows Phone until the day you lose it or it is stolen. So, just in case that day ever comes, its a good idea to set a lock screen password to prevent people from being able to access your personal information. Below, I’ll show you how to set up a lock screen password on your WP7:
- Go to your WP7’s settings app.
- Scroll down to “lock + wallpaper” and tap on it.
- At the bottom, turn the switch for “password” on.
- Enter in a 4-10 digit numeric PIN.
- Confirm your PIN from step 4 and press done.
You’ll have the option to choose how often the password is enabled. You can set it to where it locks every time you turn your phone’s screen off, or you can set it to different wait times like 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, etc. Doing this is usually a good idea as it can get pretty annoying to have to enter the password right after you just turned the screen off.