How To Transfer Files From PC To Windows Phone 7
So, you’ve got yourself a brand new Windows Phone. Congratulations! Now, it’s time for you to transfer over your media files (music, pictures and videos) and office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Shouldn’t be all that hard, right? I mean, how hard can transferring your files from your Windows computer to your Windows phone be?
Based off of the fact that you’re reading this, I think it’s safe to say that the process of transferring your files over from your computer to your phone isn’t as seamless as it ought to be. But don’t worry, it’s actually really easy to do. You just have to go about it differently than you did in the past. Here’s how:
To transfer songs, pictures, and videos:
- Connect your Windows Phone 7 to your computer via USB cable.
- Open the Zune software on your PC.
- Drag and drop the media files you want to sync with your phone into the “collection” tab on the Zune software.
- Click the phone icon at the bottom left of the Zune software, and press “sync now.”
- If the last step wasn’t available, highlight the media files you dragged and dropped into the Zune collection in step 3 and drag them to the same phone icon we clicked on in step 4. The files will now be synced to your Windows Phone.
To transfer Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents:
- On your computer, go to SkyDrive.com.
- Log in to your Windows Live ID.
- If you haven’t already, add your Windows Live account to your Windows Phone. You can do this by going to Settings>Email+Accounts>Add An Account>Windows Live.
- After you’ve logged in on the computer, press the “add files” button on the toolbar.
- You can add your Word, Excel, and PowerPoint by selecting them and click on “Open.” To select multiple files, press and hold CTRL and click on each files you want to upload to SkyDrive.
- Now, on your phone, go to your program list and open “Office.”
- Swipe over to the “locations” tab and tap on SkyDrive.
- You should now see the files you transferred in step 5.