How To Edit TouchWiz 4.0 Shortcuts & Home Screens
With Samsung’s TouchWiz 4.0 user interface, sometimes it can be a bit confusing trying to figure out how to edit the shortcuts that display on the bottom bar (or dock). For example, lets say you have your app list ordered alphabetically. You’ll be able to drag and drop any shortcut from home screen to home screen, but for some reason TouchWiz won’t let change what icons show up on the bottom dock bar.
Or you may have a different issue, like having too many or too little home screens. Either way, editing these things aren’t all that difficult. Just follow the instructions below and you’ll be able to change the shortcuts on the app dock and add or remove home screens:
Note: This method works on any Samsung phone loaded with the TouchWiz 4.0 user interface, including the Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Note, T-Mobile Galaxy S Blaze 4G, AT&T SkyRocket, Sprint Epic Touch 4G and more.
To edit the shortcuts that show up on the dock (the four apps that never move on the bottom row), do the following:
- Tap on the application launcher button (the one that opens your list of apps).
- Press menu>edit.
- You’ll be asked to switch to “customizable grid.”
- Tap on “Switch.”
- While still viewing the list of apps, press and hold on the shortcut you want to move from/to the dock bar and drag it over to your desired location.
If you only use a couple of home screens and not all 7, than deleting the extras can make scrolling through your home screens a little more efficient. Do this by:
- From your home screen, press menu>edit.
- Press and hold on the home screen you want to delete, and drag it to the bottom (into the trash can icon).
- To add a home screen, press the home screen window with a + icon.