Do you want to change the name of your Android phone or tablet? Well, lucky for you, changing it isn’t all that hard to do. Simply follow the steps by step how to guide below and you’ll be able to change your phone or tablet’s name in no time:
- Go to your phone’s Settings and tap on Wireless & Networks.
- Tap on Bluetooth Settings and make sure that Bluetooth is on.
- Tap on Device Name from the settings and change it to what you want.
It’s important to note that this only changes the name of the device for Bluetooth settings. So for example, your newly assigned name will show up for other Bluetooth devices but the change won’t be reflected when you connect your phone to a computer. To change the name that appears on computers:
- Connect your phone to your computer via USB.
- You have to be able to connect using MTP (not mass storage mode).
- Click on My Computer, and then look for your phone in the list of devices.
- Right click on your phone’s name, and hit properties.
- You can rename it from the properties text field, and then hit OK to save.