Do you want to transfer or back up your pictures, videos, music, word documents, and other files from your Android phone to your Windows computer? Or is it transferring files from your computer over to your phone that you are interested in doing? In either case, we’ll show you exactly how to do it:
- Connect your Android phone via a USB cable.
- If your phone has a memory card, press the “mount USB” or “usb drive” button from the notification bar (or if a pop up comes up) on the phone itself.
- On your computer, open My Computer.
- On the bottom of the window, you should see your phone listed under “Portable Devices” or “External Storage.” Click on whichever one applies. (Hint: it will be the icon that wasn’t there before you connected the phone).
- Open the folder until you see your phone’s files. There should be at least a few folders.
- From here, you can drag and drop anything you want to and from your Android phone and computer (such as music, photos, videos, etc).