If you have an e-mail account (or two) that gets a lot of junk messages and you’d rather not have them wake you up at 4 a.m. in the morning, removing the account may be a viable solution for you. This is how you do it, regardless of whether it is a Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, AOL, POP3 or IMAP account:
- Go to your phone’s main settings application from your app list (swipe right from the home screen).
- Find and tap on “email + accounts.”
- Press and hold on the account that you want to remove.
- A pop up will come up. Press “delete.”
- You’ll have to press delete once more to confirm.