With over 60,000 apps published on the Windows Phone Marketplace, it’s an understatement to say that there are a lot of apps available for Windows Phone. But having a phone that has a large number of applications available for download doesn’t do you any good if you can’t download and install any of them to begin with. In this article, we’ll show you how to not only download an app but also how to determine whether or not an app is high quality:
- Open the “Marketplace” app on your WP7 device.
- Browse or search for the app you want, then tap on it.
- At the bottom of the screen (when looking at the apps information page) you’ll see an option to install or share.
- Tap on “install.”
- The app will then automatically download and install on your phone.
Downloading an app is the easy part. Finding the good ones, however, can be a little more challenging. So below you’ll find a few tips we’ve picked up over the years that might help you:
- Look at the application’s star rating. I’d recommend only downloading apps with 3.5 stars or above.
- Read the app’s full description by hitting “show details” on the app page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the app’s page to see what the app requires access to. Make sure the things the app requires access to is somehow related to the app. Otherwise it could be a red flag.
- Read the reviews of other users. People will often leave comments tell you exactly what they like (or don’t) about the app. This will give you a better idea of whether or not the app is for you.