If you have a device running Ice Cream Sandwich and use the Google Music app for playing your tunes, you may have noticed that the usual album art grabbers don’t seem to work. Luckily, if you’re currently facing this issue, you’re in the right place! Here’s a video showing you how to finally get your album art to show in Google Music:
Note: This method will wipe out everything in the Google Music app, such as playlists, settings, etc.
- First off, make sure that your albums are correctly labeled. If you don’t take this step, the others won’t matter.
- Then, download a “album art grabber” app from Google Play. Their are plenty of free ones out there.
- Open the album art grabber, and “grab” you’re album art covers (this can take quite some time).
- After the app finds all your album art, go to Settings>Apps>All >Music.
- Hit the “clear data” button. This will wipe out everything in your Google Music app (playlists, settings, etc).
- Now, open up the music app.
- It will scan your device for music, and this time it will find it with its related album artwork.