Do you have a few people that you call most often? And do you want to be able to call them without having to scroll through your long list of contacts every time? Well, most of you probably have already heard of speed dial. But if you don’t know how to do it on your Windows Phone, you’re in the right place!
Now, there isn’t a way to set up speed dial like you’re used to where you press and hold a number and it dials the contact for you, but this is the next best thing (maybe even better). On Windows Phone, you can add a contact to your home screen so that you have quick and easy access to them. Just follow the step by step directions below to learn how to do it:
- Go to your “people” app (your phone book).
- Find the contact you want to set as a speed dial and tap on them.
- When on the contact detail page, tap the pin button on the bottom bar (it’s a picture of a little pin).
- This will pin the contact to your home screen.
- Repeat step 2-3 for all the contacts you wish to “speed dial.”
When you add your contact to your home screen, you’ll be able to just tap on them and go straight to their contact details screen. From there, you can just tap the phone number you want to dial, and that’s it!