Do you need to send the same text message (or picture) to a bunch of people at the same time but don’t want to send it to each person individually? No problem. Just send a group text! Group texts are perfect for when you need to send out a party invitation, directions to a restaurant, make an announcement, or just about anything that involves sending the same message to multiple people.
In this tutorial, we’ll give you step by step directions on how to send a group text message (or SMS) on your Windows Phone:
- Go to your messaging app.
- Press the + icon on the bottom bar.
- On the top text field, type in your first contact’s name and tap it when it shows up in the drop down box.
- Then, proceed to type in your next contact’s name and tap it when it shows up on the drop down.
- Repeat step 4 until you have added everyone you want to send the message to.
- Press on the text field at the bottom of the screen and compose your message.
- When you are done, press the send button (message icon).
If you don’t remember how you spelled your contact’s name or what name you put them under, you can press the + icon next to the top text field (where you enter contact names) to go to your phone book and choose them from the list.