How To Disable Vibration On Your Keyboard (for Android)
Most Android smartphones nowadays don’t come with physical keyboards. Instead, you have a touch screen keyboard with haptic feedback (vibration) that lets you “feel” when you press on a key like you would on a physical keyboard. But while most people love this feature, there are many out there that would rather not have it. Luckily, with Android you have the option to disable it. Here’s how:
- From your home screen, press menu and then settings.
- From the settings options, find something along the lines of “Language & Keyboard” or “Text & Input.”
- Find the keyboard you use in the list and tap on it.
- Scroll until you find an option to uncheck “vibrate when typing.”
- Uncheck it and your done!
Depending on what software keyboard you have and your phone model, you might not have the option to disable vibration from the keyboard’s settings. If this is the case, you’ll have to follow the steps below to disable vibrations all together (including regular button presses):
- From your home screen, tap menu>settings.
- Go to the sound options.
- Find the “haptic feedback” or “vibrate” option and uncheck it.