Do you want to erase everything on your memory card in one simple step? Or does your SD card keep giving you errors and saying it is corrupt? Well, in both cases the best option may be to format your SD card. Typically you would have to do this on a computer, but Android gives you the option to do it right on your phone.
Note: Formatting your SD card erases absolutely everything on it, so make sure you have backed up whatever data you want from your SD card prior to doing this (if you can).
Follow the step by step instructions below to format your memory card:
- From your home screen, press menu>settings.
- In the settings menu, look for an option like “Memory” or “SD & phone storage.” Click on whatever one is on your phone.
- Find the “Unmount SD card” option and hit it.
- Now, press the “Format SD card” option.
- Press “okay” or “yes” or whatever confirmation your phone asks for to continue.