Just downloaded a browser like Dolphin or Opera, and want to set it as your “default” browser? Or did you accidentally already do that? Either way, we’ve got you covered. Check out the how to video below or the step by step instructions for how to set/unset a browser as default in Android:
Set As Default:
- Open up the browser you want to set as your default browser.
- Hit menu, then go to “settings” or “more” or whatever appears (usually in the bottom right hand corner) to give you more options.
- Within the settings/options look for an option to “Set As Default” and check it
- If a popup box shows up listing the browsers on your phone, check the “Use this action by default” box and then click the browser you wish to set as default.
Unset From Default:
- Go to the home screen on your phone, hit menu, then settings.
- From the settings menu, click on “Applications.”
- Scroll down and find the browser currently set as default (if it’s the stock browser, you may need to search under “all” apps).
- Click on it and then scroll down and hit the “Clear Defaults” button.
Note that when you clear the defaults on a browser, the next time you are directed to a webpage or even if you open a browser, your phone may ask you to set one as default. If so, follow steps 4-5 under “Set As Default” above.