Can you make phone calls and text, but for some reason can’t go on Facebook, e-mail, or the web? In other words, is your internet not working on your Android phone? If so, there is a good chance that your phone is not connected to the data network. Below are two step by step guides (just in case one method doesn’t work) to get you back to smartphone internet bliss:
From The Settings Menu:
- From the home screen, press the menu key and then go to settings.
- From the settings menu, scroll and find “Wireless & Networks” or something similar (same place where you turn on bluetooth and wifi).
- From the “Wireless & Networks” menu, look for “Mobile Networks” or something similar.
- From there, look for an option that says “Packet Data” or something similar and check the box if it is unchecked.
From The Power Menu:
If the method above didn’t work, or wasn’t available, try this:
- From the home screen, press and hold the power button.
- A pop up box should come up with a few options.
- Look for “Data Network Mode” or something along those lines.
- Click the “Data Network Mode” option, which will either toggle on or off the data network (depending on where it was).
Okay, so this happens to most people by accident for one reason or another (they tend to claim the phone did it by itself). But there is a hidden benefit to doing this on PURPOSE. For example, say somebody needs to borrow your phone but you are worried that they will go on your Facebook and post something stupid. No problem! Just turn the data network off and they won’t even be able to connect but they will still be able to make the phone call and text people. Pretty cool stuff, eh?