One of the great things about Android is the ability to customize things. But sometimes, it can become a little confusing trying to get things back to the way they were. One example of this is when you change your home screen launcher. If you happened to switch your home screen and want to go back to your old one (or another one), follow the steps below:
1. Go To “Manage Applications”: To get there, hit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications.
2. Find The Current Launcher: In your list of applications, find the launcher (the one your using now). Note that you may have to go to “All” applications and not just “Downloaded” or “Third Party” ones if you are trying to change from a stock launcher. When you find it, open it.
3. Clear Defaults: To make your phone not default to this launcher, scroll down and hit “clear defaults.”
4. Press The Home Key: After you have hit “clear defaults”, press the home key on your phone and from there you can choose a different launcher.
5. Use By Default: If you want to use your new launcher as the default (so that way the pop up doesn’t show up every time you press home), check the “Use By Default” box and then select the launcher you want.
And that’s it! If you ever want to switch back to your old launcher, just find the one that’s set as the default and do the steps above again.